Chandler Holiday Event Guide
Let the festivities begin! In Chandler, Arizona, it's the most wonderful time of year and is especially inviting to visitors with its mild winter weather and plenty of decorations, activities and festive events that feature holiday music, dazzling lights, amazing food, and tumbleweeds. Yes, tumbleweeds!
In addition to great shopping and the wonderfully decorated hotels, spending the holidays in Chandler is sure to get you into the holiday spirit when you are attending one of the many uniquely, Arizona holiday traditions that are perfect for a family outing, a date night or a fun outing with friends. Be sure to check out our Chandler hotel deals page for current discounts and special offers.
Dr. A.J. Chandler Park, Downtown Chandler
December 5, 2020
This holiday season; make sure to include a visit to see Arizona's most iconic holiday tree, the famed Tumbleweed Tree. Located in the historic square of Downtown Chandler, the tree has been a hallmark of the holiday season, standing over 50 feet tall and has been a Chandler tradition since 1957. Chandler's beloved Tumbleweed Tree will be lit the first Saturday evening in December and is a unique southwestern tradition drawing holiday visitors from far and wide.
It all starts with the ‘holiday tree' that begins with 2,000 tumbleweeds, a 35-foot tall wire framed Christmas tree, 25 gallons of paint, and dusted with 65 pounds of glitter. The tree is later adorned with thousands of holiday lights that give it a spectacular look, day or night. Lively entertainment, savory and sweet food vendors, and a charming parade are hallmarks for the lighting festival and sure to put you in the holiday mood.
Holly Jolly Christmas
December 19, 2020
Part of the Under The Stars - CCA at the Chandler Museum series, enjoy an intimate performance in the Chandler Museum's illuminated outdoor living room. The collaborative series between the Chandler Center for the Arts and the Chandler Museum is limited to 50 attendees and includes after-hours access to the Museum's exhibits.
Get into the holiday spirit with nostalgic Christmas tunes and sing along with vocalist Kristen Dratham and a small musical ensemble.
Sippin' Santas Pub Crawl in Downtown Chandler
December 12, 2020 - self-guided pub crawls starting at noon
The Sippin’ Santas Pub Crawl takes over Downtown Chandler on Saturday, December 12th from noon to 6 p.m. and features more than two dozen Downtown Chandler hot spots. Enjoy $4 drink specials, food and fun at Arizona's jolliest bars and restaurants in town. Tickets are just $20. Enjoy live entertainment, endless Santa selfies with the "Sugarland" holiday decorations, and the best specialty drinks in town on this self-guided pub crawl with your friends.
Masks are required and admission includes a branded Sippin' Santa mask that will be handed out at registration. Tickets must be purchased in advance, no later than December 11th and registration will be capped.
There are two sessions with staggered registration taking place in New Square.
- "Nice List" 12 p.m. – 3 p.m., with registration from 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- "Naughty List" 3 p.m. – 6 p.m., with registration from 2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Participants may utilize the Downtown Chandler Dine-in-the-Park program to social distance and enjoy their beer and wine in sealed containers in the park during posted hours.
- Registration will be capped based on the 50% capacity of the participating businesses
- Registration will be staggered, with both 11:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. time slots
- Masks are required and branded Sippin’ Santas masks will be handed out at registration
- Day of registration will NOT be offered
- Registration will take place outside at New Square, following social distancing protocols
- Participating bars and restaurants will follow CDC guidelines
- Chandler Police Department will be on-site to enforce safety
Must be 21+ to participate. Please drink responsibly.
Santa Visits in Chandler
Santa and his elves have been working hard to provide a memorable, contact-free experience and things look a bit different this year.
What to Expect During Your Visit with Santa
- Masks are required to be worn by Santa, the team and guests ages 2 and above or by local mandate
- Hand sanitizer available upon entering and exiting
- Social distancing between Santa and guests at all times
- Deep cleaning of the set for the health and well-being of guests
Schedule Your Spot to Meet the Big Guy
Reservations are recommended to help ensure social distancing and it's easy:
- Make your reservation now
- Show up at your reserved time, and be sure to follow posted signage to ensure proper social distancing
- Share your wishlist with Santa and his helpers
- Make a lasting memory and get your photo taken with Santa
Chandler Fashion Center Santa Hours
- November 20th - 22nd: Friday - Saturday from noon - 8 p.m. and Sunday, 11 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- CLOSED November 23rd - 26th
- November 20th - 22nd: Friday - Saturday from noon - 8 p.m. and Sunday, 11 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- CLOSED November 30th
- December 1st - December 6th: Tuesday - Saturday 1 - 6 p.m. and Sunday: 11 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- CLOSED December 7th
- December 8th - December 23rd: Tuesday - Saturday noon - 8 p.m. and Sunday: 11 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- December 24th (Christmas Eve): 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
ZooLights at the Phoenix Zoo
Each year the Phoenix Zoo celebrates the holidays with ZooLights, a bright Arizona holiday tradition perfect for a family outing or a romantic stroll. Fun for all ages, ZooLights is a dazzling display featuring millions of lights and more than 700 dazzling light displays and several music and light shows synchronized to 15 thousand lights. This year, ZooLights at the Phoenix Zoo offers two ways to experience the event - the traditional walk-thru or a drive-thru experience, Cruise ZooLights on designated nights. ZooLights is open nightly to the public November 7, 2020 - January 31, 2021 from 5:30 - 10:30 p.m. and tickets must be purchased in advance. General admission for the walk thru is $20 for ages 3 and up and $75 per car for Cruise Zoolights.
Las Noches de las Luminarias
Each year, the Desert Botanical Garden features a southwestern holiday tradition, Las Noches de las Luminarias. Visitors make their way through the 140-acre garden guided by 8,000 hand-lit luminarias while enjoying live music played by local musicians staged throughout the garden trails for an event you won’t want to miss. The 2020 Las Noches de las Luminarias will be held on selected days, November 27th - December 31st following new safety measures. The garden will close at 4:00 p.m. on each day of Luminaria. Face coverings and advance reservations are required. Adult tickets start at $29.95 and $10.95 for children.