The most wonderful time of the year is approaching! And, to celebrate we would love for you to join us for an event that has been a Chandler tradition since 1957 - the Tumbleweed Tree Lighting and Parade of Lights on Saturday, December 3, 4:30 – 9 p.m. in Downtown Chandler. This community event includes music, entertainment, arts and crafts, food and beverages, Santa’s house and more. Watch the most unique tree in Arizona light up at the Tumbleweed Tree Lighting Ceremony which takes place at approximately 8:00 p.m.
You didn’t know we had a tumbleweed tree? And, you have never attended this event? We’ve gathered five tips from expert attendees to help you have the best time at this free fun family event.
1. Arrive Early! The Parade of Lights starts at 6:45 p.m. but the best seats in the house are generally taken between 4:30 and 5 p.m.
2. Carpool! If you are coming with family members, come in one car, if possible. This is a big and beloved event that will attract many. Downtown parking options are displayed on the Downtown Chandler Parking Map – available here.
3. Bring a lawn chair! Once you have found your viewing spot, place your lawn chair and get all set to see the spectacular parade pass in front of you.
4. Explore the festivities! While a member of your family saves your spot, the rest of the family can go watch the dancers and singers on stage, grab some food from local restaurants or festival vendors, visit Santa, ride the ponies, make a holiday ornament. Be sure to stay after the parade to see the Tumbleweed Tree lighting scheduled to take place at approximately 8 p.m.
5. Capture the memories! Take pictures of you and your family having fun, making holiday memories. Then tag your photos on social media with #TumbleweedTree and share it with the community.
For more information on the Tumbleweed Tree Lighting and Parade of Lights, visit the event listing and for more information about spending the holidays in Chandler, Arizona - please visit our Chandler Holiday Event Guide.