The City of Chandler is fortunate to have many annual traditions and festivals, including the beloved annual Ostrich Festival, owned by the Chandler Chamber of Commerce and produced by Steve LeVine Entertainment. The annual event is held each March and is Chandler's largest festival and celebrates Chandler's rich history and early ostrich ranching when ostrich plumes were all the rage in fashion.
The Arizona festival is held at Tumbleweed Park, on the southwest corner of McQueen and Germann roads. The Ostrich Festival will be held over four days in March featuring live music, more than 50 carnival rides, food, games, activities and more in a fun tribute to our favorite bird, the ostrich.
FESTIVAL DATES AND TIMES:
Thursday - March 16, 2023: 4 p.m. - 11 p.m.
Friday - March 17, 2023: 2 p.m. - Midnight
Saturday - March 18, 2023: 10 a.m. - Midnight
Sunday - March 19, 2023: 10 a.m. - 11 p.m.
MAIN STAGE HEADLINERS:
Thursday - March 16, 2023: Mackenzie Porter & Willie Jones
Friday - March 17, 2023: Train
Saturday - March 18, 2023: Commodores & Nicky Youre
Sunday - March 19, 2023: Sublime With Rome
A hallmark of the event has been the main stage music performances and the 2023 Ostrich Festival is no exception. Each year the main stage hosts a variety of Ostrich Festival concerts from national talent and a number of music styles with the 2023 Ostrich Festival lineup including a music headliner performance from multi-Grammy-winning artist, Train on Friday, March 17, 2023.
A favorite festival element of the younger Ostrich Festival attendees are the carnival rides. From a Zipper ride, "Giant Wheel" a large Ferris wheel, German Wave Swinger and many more - the rides are sure to delight.
Important things to know and additional FAQ about the festival:
General admission tickets are priced per day and do not include rides. Adult, Children, VIP tickets which include a meal and VIP access and front of stage viewing area and Family Packs are available for advance purchase through the Ostrich Festival website.
Ostrich Festival parking is accessible via Hamilton Road or McQueen Road and Celebration at Tumbleweed Park. Parking is an additional fee and payable by credit card only. Ride share information will be released shortly.
Clear Bag Policy
To provide a safer environment for the public and significantly expedite entry, the festival has implemented a CLEAR BAG policy that limits the size and type of bags that may be brought into the festival. CLEAR Bags not exceeding 22” x 14” x 9” are the ONLY bags permitted into the festival. Clear bag examples include: Purses, fanny packs, tote bags, and backpacks.
Map and Schedule
Attendees may download a Chandler Ostrich Festival Schedule and Map from the event website.
Individual Ride Tickets are $1 per ticket. The amount of tickets needed for each ride ranges from 3 to 7 tickets depending on the type of attraction.
The Ostrich Festival will be a cashless event, utilizing RFID bracelets upon entry.
Frequently Asked Questions
Find details about accessible parking, prohibited items, officially designated drop off/pick up areas and more on the Chandler Ostrich Festival FAQ section.
For more information regarding any of the Ostrich Festival events, please contact the Chandler Chamber of Commerce at (480) 963-4571 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fun facts about Chandler's Ostrich Festival history and everyone's favorite flightless bird:
- The Ostrich Festival began in 1989 as a joint venture between the City of Chandler and the Chandler Chamber of Commerce in hopes to create a community based event for Chandler.
- Until 2004, the event was held in Downtown Chandler before relocating to Tumbleweed Park to accommodate more visitors and larger attractions.
- The festival was featured in the 1995 Whitney Houston film, Waiting to Exhale.
- The event was the setting for "Lover Boy", a Harlequin Romance book.
- A fun fact about Chandler's ostrich ranching history, Dr. A.J. Chandler owned one of the largest Ostrich herds in the valley.
- The ostrich is the largest living bird in the world.
- An ostrich can run at speeds of up to 40 miles per hour
- Ostrich eggs are the largest of any bird.
- The wingspan of an ostrich is over six feet.
- An ostrich has a mighty kick, with a force of about 2,000 pounds per square inch.
- Ostriches don't have teeth.
- An ostrich has three stomachs, each serving a different function.