The City of Chandler is fortunate to have many annual traditions and festivals, including the beloved annual Ostrich Festival, owned by the Chandler Chamber of Commerce and produced by Steve LeVine Entertainment. The annual event is held each March and is Chandler's largest festival and celebrates Chandler's rich history and early ostrich ranching when ostrich plumes were all the rage in fashion.
The Arizona festival is held at Tumbleweed Park, on the southwest corner of McQueen and Germann roads. And for the first time ever, the 2022 Ostrich Festival has been expanded to TWO weekends in March featuring live music, more than 50 carnival rides, food, games, activities and more in a fun tribute to our favorite bird, the ostrich.
Friday, March 11, 2022: 2 p.m. - 12 a.m.
Saturday, March 12, 2022: 10 a.m. - 12 a.m.
Sunday, March 13, 2022: 10 a.m. - 11 p.m.
Thursday, March 17, 2022: 4 p.m. - 11 p.m.
Friday, March 18, 2022: 2 p.m. - 12 a.m.
Saturday, March 19, 2022: 10 a.m. - 12 a.m.
Sunday, March 20, 2022: 10 a.m. - 11 p.m.
A hallmark of the event has been the main stage music performances and the 2022 Ostrich Festival is no exception. This year the main stage will host a variety of national talent and a host of music styles with 2022 Ostrich Festival music headliner performances by Uncle Kracker, The Band Perry, Walker Hayes, Flo Rida, Spazmatics, The Beach Boys, Nelly, The Four Tops and The Temptations.
A favorite festival element of the younger Ostrich Festival attendees are the carnival rides. From a Zipper ride, "Giant Wheel" a large Ferris wheel, Merry-Go-Round, Tilt-a-Whirl and many more - the rides are sure to delight.
Important things to know and additional FAQ about the festival:
Starts at $20, $15 for ages 4-12, free for age 3 and younger.
The Ostrich Festival is accessible via Hamilton Road or McQueen Road and Celebration at Tumbleweed Park. Parking is an additional fee and may be purchased ahead online or at the venue by credit card. Attendees have the option to participate in the Ride Share Pickup which is located on the east side of the park, entering off McQueen Road and Celebration.
Clear Bag Policy:
To provide a safer environment for the public and significantly expedite entry, the festival has implemented a CLEAR BAG policy that limits the size and type of bags that may be brought into the festival. CLEAR Bags not exceeding 22” x 14” x 9” are the ONLY bags permitted into the festival. Clear bag examples include: Purses, fanny packs, tote bags, and backpacks.
Ride tickets and unlimited ride wristbands can be purchased for an additional fee at the festival. Ride tickets can be purchased at the festival for $1 each. Unlimited Ride Wristbands will be available for purchase at Valley Bashas and Food City locations starting on February 11 and at the festival.
The Ostrich Festival will be a cashless event, utilizing RFID bracelets upon entry.
For more information regarding any of the Ostrich Festival events, please contact the Chandler Chamber of Commerce at (480) 963-4571 or by email at email@example.com.
Fun facts about Chandler's Ostrich Festival and everyone's favorite flightless bird:
- The Ostrich Festival began in 1989 as a joint venture between the City of Chandler and the Chandler Chamber of Commerce in hopes to create a community based event for Chandler.
- Until 2004, the event was held in Downtown Chandler before expanding to accommodate more visitors and larger attractions.
- The festival was featured in the 1995 Whitney Houston film, Waiting to Exhale.
- The event was setting for "Lover Boy", a Harlequin Romance book.
- A fun fact about Chandler's ostrich ranching history, Dr. A.J. Chandler owned one of the largest Ostrich herds in the valley.
- The ostrich is the largest living bird in the world.
- An ostrich can run at speeds of up to 40 miles per hour
- Ostrich eggs are the largest of any bird.
- The wingspan of an ostrich is over six feet.
- Ostriches don't have teeth.