Top 5 Parks in Chandler, AZ
Posted on June 12, 2015 8:00 PM
There is no better way to engage in entertaining, affordable fun with family and friends than to visit a nearby park. With over 60 parks in Chandler, it may be hard to choose. To get you started, here is a top 5 list of the most beautiful/popular parks in Chandler, Arizona.
1) Paseo Vista Recreation Area
Address: 3850 S. McQueen Rd., Chandler, AZ 85286
- Dog Park
- Walking Trails
- Disc Golf Course: 18 holes and 4,100 feet long
- Archery Range: Archery classes offered through the Chandler Recreation Division and listed in Chandler's Break Time Recreation Guide.
- Playground: The kid's playground includes swings, slides, climbing rocks, and a large geo-spider web dome made up of cables that children can climb.
For almost 30 years, this park was a working landfill before the people of Chandler decided to give this 60-acre area of land an incredible makeover creating one of the most popular and beautiful parks in Chandler, AZ. Paseo Vista Recreation Area includes an archery range, a large bark park, picnic shelters, a disc golf course, hiking and biking trails, several areas for climbing, and a playground. Of course, the real standout is the AMAZING view - enjoy 360 degree views of the East Valley from the 40ft. high looking point- an unofficial great spot for viewing Independence Day fireworks! If you're looking for a park with great views, nice trails, and fun activities Paseo Vista is the park for you!
2) Veterans Oasis Park
Address: 4050 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Chandler, AZ 85249
- Hiking Trails
- Wildlife Viewing Areas
- Butterfly and Hummingbird Habitat
- Outdoor Amphitheater
- Areas for Open Play
- Self-guided Solar System Walk
The park is composed of striking trails making it perfect for hikers, horseback riders, and cyclists and is accessible for beginning hikers or for a leisurely stroll. The 5-acre, 12 to 14 foot deep lake is a great catch... pun intended! The park is home of a variety of fish including: channel catfish, rainbow trout, bluegill, sunfish, and largemouth bass. To fish here, you must have a fishing license.
The adjacent Environmental Education Center features include a reptile exhibit, meeting rooms, gift shop and various reading materials. Park visitors can enjoy the beautiful scenery this park has to offer while learning about nature, environmental preservation, biology, and the desert.
3) Desert Breeze Park
Address: 660 N Desert Breeze Blvd., Chandler, AZ 85226
- Hummingbird Habitat
- Train & Carousel Park
- Spray Animals on Splash Pad
Desert Breeze Park is located at 660 N. Desert Breeze Parkway. It was designed in 1996 by Landscape Architect Dennis Peitz. This unique park features the Desert Breeze Hummingbird Habitat where you will find an inviting, shady garden filled with over fifty species of native plants that attract hummingbirds and other wildlife. One of the first things that you will notice at the entry to the garden are two large iron sculptures created Artist Joe Tyler. The first is a large iron tree to provide shade for the surrounding seating area. The second is an archway displaying a hummingbird collecting nectar from a flower. This is a great place to learn about desert plants and tours are offered throughout the year. Desert Breeze Railroad is located at the park and features a carousel and open-top train where you and your kids can enjoy a ride around the park - be sure to allow time for the little ones to cool off at the splash pad.
4) Tumbleweed Park
Address: 2250 S McQueen Rd., Chandler, AZ 85286
- Jogging, Hiking and Cycling Paths
- Covered Ramadas
- Recreation Center
- Zip Line
Tumbleweed is a great place for both kids and adults. There is a lot of space for kids to play and plenty of shade with various armadas. There are jogging, hiking and cycling paths to enjoy as well. The Tumbleweed Recreation Center and tennis courts are in the same complex, although the recreation center requires paid membership to use the gym facilities.
The main attraction at Tumbleweed Park is Playtopia, a 2.5 acre children's play area comprised of several play zones each one themed accordingly to celebrate Chandler's unique heritage including: farm land, city land, and critter land.
- Farm Land is made up of several slides, bridges and climbing components designed to include the farm life theme. Most of the play gym is under a large red barn canopy providing shade and protection from the sun.
- City Land is based on an urban-themed landscape. To achieve the big city look the area features street signs, paved streets, vehicles, and lamp posts. In addition to offering riding, climbing, and sliding structures for children, the City Land streets are awesome for riding tricycles and small bikes!
- Critter Land is an entertaining place for children to explore and climb around. Children can hop on the back of a huge Gila Monster, walk through giant tortoise shells, and get their hands dirty searching in the sand to find dinosaur bones.
5) Shawnee Dog Park
Address: 1400 W Mesquite St., Chandler, AZ 85225
- Doggy Drinking Fountains